Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I Watch Movies to Hide My Pain

Today, I wasted a good day watching two movies back to back.

1. Brave

I don't think I can remember the moral of this story. And I watched it like 6 hours ago. WTF?!  Was it "Don't turn your mom into a bear?" I guess it's important to keep your mom a human, I think? I dunno.  But I don't think that will ever happen... So... I'm guessing ... that ... it might not have been the thrust of the movie? Hmm... SO CONFUSED.  Maybe it was kilts tied together make a good rope? The animation was stellar, as you would expect from a pixar film.  But it wasn't a very good Disney Princess movie.  So, it was MEH.

2. The Dark Knight Rises

I was emotionally moved by it.  Although the whole idea of an entire city being taken hostage seems super contrived and ridiculous.  But I can't quite pinpoint why I felt my heart being tugged in such a way that I got a bit teary eyed.  Maybe it was Alfred confessing to Bruce about burning the letter.  It was really a heartfelt moment.  Then things started blowing up and guns were fired, and I forget about my emotions.  And I got a bit distracted by a few CGIed bridges that spanned out from the Lower West Side of Manhattan, I mean, Gotham, to NJ.  They just looked ... weird.  Oh, and there were two bridges above Roosevelt Island.  By the way, Christian Bale isn't aging well.  Or make-up did a great job of making him not sexy.  But it was a GREAT escape flick.

No comments:

Post a Comment